Tuesday, August 19, 2008

my first day of first grade


It was so cute Justin came out from the back yard riding his bike down the lawn and yells across the street at the neighbor (Brian it's my first day of first grade). Brian asked him if he was nervous and of coarse he said yes, he is such a worry wart. I think he has been worried about starting school since the 24th of July, but as worried as he was he was also very excited. He thought it was super cool when Mrs. Patterson his teacher came to our house on Sunday afternoon and brought him a little treat bag with a super ball, some candy, and a book in it. What a super over the top thing for a teacher to do. It really meant a lot to Justin I think it helped a lot to ease some of his anxiety. I can not believe my little boy will be at school all day. I myself am having a little anxiety over little things like school lunch since he is such a great eater. I guess we will see how his day went at 3:30 when I go to pick him up.



8 comments:

Jenn said...

3:30! That seems like such a long time!

Spencer's Adventures said...

Way to go Justin...hang in there mom!

The Teloford Trio said...

First Grade!!! I think I shed a few tears that day. Jonah started 2nd grade yesterday, it was much easier than the first. Ethan has not really said much about the staples, he has only seen the picture so I dont think he fully understands. I am sure it is only a matter of time untill the next inury.

Jenny said...

I would only change one thing... I would not like to hear Aiden say "when is Jacob going to be home?"

Tammy said...

Congratulations Justin! Mckinley wishes you were in the same class with her, but you will see each other at recess! Laura, you are so good to get this posted so fast!

Tom said...

Very cool he looks so big. You are right that was a very special thought for his new teacher a very great way to get the little guys off to a fun start in a very scary first! Take carer!
Tom

The Cox Family said...

I meant to ask you how his first week went. (Nursery was a little crazy, however!) I hope he had a great week and loves his teacher! Cute pictures.

renee' said...

Wow, that is an over the top teacher! I never went to visit the kids at home before school started. I think first grade is the best! They grow up so much from the beginning of the year to the end. He looks very handsome!