Monday, January 5, 2009

2008 Review

I will just warn you right now that this post is very long! Since I didn't start my blog until mid-year I wanted to recap a few of the thing we did this year.

2008 was a pretty good year for us! We had a lot of great times and did some really fun things.


January


Mike and Justin went Ice fishing for the first time with Brian and Jonathon they had a great time and they even caught a fish!




February
We had a huge pile of snow in the back yard from all the snow we got. Mike and Justin decided to make a snow cave I have to say it was pretty impressive! Since we had all that snow we spent a lot of time outside playing in it!


March


We had a great Easter that we celebrated at my brother Dee's house, I must say my mom puts on a pretty impressive egg hunt the kids have a blast. Although Garrett was so busy playing with all the toys I don't think he picked up one egg. I guess he still had fun. We also celebrated Justin's 6th birthday and Garrett's 2nd birthday with family. I can't believe Justin is already 6 and Garrett is 2(although he definitely acts 2). They had a great day. We also bought my new 4-wheeler but, because there was so much snow still we were not able to ride it.





April
Over spring break the kids and I went on a little road trip with my mom we went to Idaho and went sight seeing we did see a lot of cool stuff and had a great time. Right after we got back from Idaho we loaded up the car again with my mom and my brothers family and went to Vernal to see the Dinosaur Museum the kids loved it!





May



We were finally able to ride the 4-wheelers, as an added bonus the kids got to slid down the hill in the snow they had a great time. It is so nice to be able to go into the mountains and get away from everything and just spend time as a family.



June

June was definitely a month of firsts. Justin lost his first tooth and also had his first broken bone.(he broke his foot on the slip n slide) We also went on a really fun camping trip with some of our great neighbors.






July



July was filled with a lot of 4-wheeler rides, parades, picnics, fishing, and a lot of work on the driveway.




August




Justin started 1st grade. I did pretty good at holding back the tears until I dropped him off in his class room and then there was no holding back I think I cried the whole walk home. The Summit County Fair is also a big part of our August every year. My kids have a great time in the Little Buckaroo Rodeo.




September


No more diapers! Garrett started potty training and he did amazingly well right from the start. I only had to bribe him with Chocolate a few times. We had a great time in Disneyland!! Mike has never been before and last time we took Justin I was pregnant with Garrett. They both loved it! Garrett loves Mickey Mouse and all the other Disney characters he was in heaven! It really is the happiest place on earth!



October


This year we tried something a little different with our pumpkins rather than the traditional jack o' lanterns, Mike decided to carve a Mickey and a Minnie Mouse they turned out great!



I am not going to repeat the things we did in November and December because I blogged about them so recently.


We had a great year this year we spent a lot of time together as a family and I loved every minute of it. I hope 2009 will be as great as 2008!

3 comments:

Spencer's Adventures said...

Sounds like fun! I'm impressed with the ice fishing. I didn't know people actually caught any fish...well, I guess I'm exagerrating just a little :)

rosie said...

I love this 2008 Review!!! It is so fun to see a recap of your year in one post! Your family did so many fun things!

Jenn said...

I'd forgotten about the snow covered Easter last year-- oh I hope it's not that way this year!