Tuesday, December 29, 2009

CHRISTMAS

Since we didn't have any family parties this year on Christmas Eve we decided take the boys to their favorite restaurant The Last Samurai or at our house referred to as the Volcano Place. We went early to beat the crowds and they loved this. When we got home the boys and I made Cookies for Santa and then we watched Mickey's Christmas Carol. The boys opened their Christmas PJ's and headed off to have a bath! I think it was only seven thirty or so but they were ready to head off to bed. So we got on the computer to track Santa and then we fixed him a plate of cookies complete with carrots for the reindeer!




This is how Garrett thought we should leave carrots for the Reindeer! Right in the middle of every cookie! Justin was having nothing to do with it. He barley left it there so we could get a picture of it!

Christmas Day was pretty low key for us! Both boys were fighting a nasty cough so neither one of them got up until about 7:30 which was so nice. When they did finally wake up they were super excited to see what Santa had brought them! This year we tried to open gifts a little differently instead of just tearing into them. Garrett went first and opened his Nintendo DS, Justin could hardly believe that Garrett got a DS but then Justin opened his DS and was very happy! Garrett also got a Lightning McQueen race track, some DS games and a shake and Go Drag Race! Justin go a Super Mario Galaxy and Toy Story Mania for the Wii and couple of DS games along with some craft things!





After the boys got through opening their gifts Mike and I both did a great job surprising each other this year! I think this is the first year in the 13 years we have been married that we both have pulled this off! I gave Mike bunk bed cots for camping. He has been wanting them almost for a whole year and I would always tell him that they were dumb and there was no way we were going so spend that much money on them! He loved them and so did the boys! Mike surprised me with the Gypsy for my Cricut! I to was super surprised and could not believe that he was able to pull that off!





My mom and dad stopped by for a little while and we had lunch with them. The rest of Christmas day we spent together enjoying each other and the gifts we received! We are so grateful for the Christmas season and all it represents!

No comments: