Monday, June 23, 2008

Camping


We have been planning a camping trip at strawberry reservoir with our neighbors for months. Brian and Jen have have been going up there for a few weeks checking the snow level and scoping out camping sites. They found the perfect site last Sunday. On Thursday Jen and I went up to "the perfect site" to set up a tent to save it for us. We had a great time all weekend. We did about everything you can possible do while camping, boating, fishing, 4-wheeling, geocaching, and playing in the snow. It was definitely an action packed weekend. On Saturday night the boys all went out on the boat again to go fishing, Jen, Garrett and myself had the scare of our life when a micro burst storm came through our camp and knocked down a tree right on top of our enclosed trailer and the hood of our truck. Although it could have been much worse it hit the front corner of the trailer dented it and punched a hole in the top of it. The very top of the tree hit the truck hood and put a few dents in it. We were very lucky there was not more damage. It was crazy how fast the storm came through and how hard the wind was blowing. On Sunday when we went for another 4-wheeler ride we noticed that was not the only tree that had blown over the were about 5 or 6 more that had fallen either by or in the road. While we were 4-wheeling we found a lot of snow in some places the kids had a blast playing in it and throwing snowballs.

The tree that hit the trailer and the truck!Justin fishing with his new rocket launching fishing pole that his grandma gave him for his birthday. He loves it and only wanted to fish the whole time we were there!

Garrett play in the snow trying to make a snowball to throw at someone!

My first boat ride probably ever I am so afraid of deep water!


Garrett covering himself with dirt as though he was not already dirty enough!



While we were packing up camp Justin was entertaining himself riding the dump truck down the hill!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

The Rocket fishing pole is so awesome. It is a good thing I didn't know about that one, you know how I love to take your awesome birthday ideas!!! So fun to go camping in an area with so many different things to do! Awesome POST!

renee' said...

Riding the dump truck...genius! That is so scary about the micro burst. Glad that it didn't do more damage and that you were all safe! Looks and sounds like a very fun trip. I hear ya about the water.

The Cox Family said...

What a great weekend! I am so jealous. I can't believe you were able to fit that all in. That was scary about the micro bursts. I am glad that no one got hurt. See ya Sunday!

Jenn said...

Oh! I wanted to see the damage on the trailor but I forgot when I was at your house the other day. Mike has probably already fixed it though.